Cloud computing is an area of computer technology focused on providing computer services over the internet. It includes a client-server model, virtualization, resource computing, grid computing, etc. For businesses and services, computing resources take a bundle of computing resources such as Virtual Machines (VM) to fulfill the increasing growth of data. In this new paradigm, the traditional on-premise computing towards flexible on-demand and ubiquitous service model is made possible.
With the advent of cloud computing, computing is modified into the service-oriented model, delivered like a utility rather than as a product. In this model, the users can access the services based on the requirements over the network of the usual internet. Metering and payment of service basis like electricity bill: how much have been used and pay that much only. The consumer or user is not aware of where the services are hosted. They access the applications or data using a web browser, desktop, or mobile applications through the internet, which are stored in different geographical regions[ 1].
Use of Cloud Computing Technology:
- Reduced Cost: It reduces business upfront costs because software and infrastructure turned into utility costs.
- Ease of Use: It can access and save files in anytime and anywhere through the internet.
- Flexibility: It can flexibly update and modifies the software as per user requirements changes and updates when business timing needs.
- Automation: Cloud automation tool was deployed on top of the virtualized environment. This can add and deploy more resources without manual intervention. Most applications use cloud automation to keep file storage, updating, and maintenance.
- Data Backup: Cloud computing enables any business to host their data on the internet and data center servers instead of local storage. For any type of business providing privacy and security of data is a most important role. Cloud-based backup redundantly copied data to other servers in different locations and stored off-site. If any local natural disaster, theft, or malfunction, data can be restored from anywhere on a backup location.
- Mobile Working: For new or part-time business starters can create fully functional mobile offices through the internet. The Cloud applications allow users to get and synchronize data from any place in the geographical region. The mobile working functionality of the cloud totally supports business owners to take their office even on the road.
For Citing this Article use:
- A, A. R. (2018). An Effective Energy and Performance Management of Cloud Data Canters using Virtual Machine Consolidation.