Employee satisfaction serves various purposes. This should be seen from the angle of both organizational and also employee perspectives.
1: Objectives of employee satisfaction towards the organizational benefit
Following circumstances may emerge in presence of employee satisfaction. :
1. Increases employee retention: Contented and satisfied individuals find it more attractive to prolong their stay in such organizations, giving it their best capabilities in consonance with their expertise and proficiency.
2. Enhances productivity: Employee satisfied is employee motivated. Their morale is high which ensures that organizational productivity remains high all through.
3. Bring about loyalty and satisfaction in the customers: Satisfied workers are really an asset for any organization. They are extremely prompt in their actions and deliveries while interfacing with the clients. In turn, customer satisfaction is ensured.
4. Customer satisfaction brings in customer loyalty: Customers’ loyalty towards business establishments is shaped by their appreciation ingenuity and worth of the services obtained by them through that particular organization. This again results from loyal and satisfied employees.
5. Reduced costs: Satisfied employees result in decreased attrition rate due to prolonged stay there. The organization becomes assured of a committed reservoir of the workforce. Therefore, it needs not to go for regular recruitments which cause the procurement costs to reduce.
6. Improve teamwork: When employees experience overall satisfaction, there is cooperation, and coordination with the peers as also integration and internalization of the organizational goals.
7. Dynamic workforce: When an organization can ensure the satisfaction of its employees, then it automatically becomes assured of a highly energized, committed, active, and dynamic workforce, which caters to the fulfillment of group and enterprise goals.
8. Enhance brand image: Satisfied employees by themselves become the goodwill advocate for the enterprise they work for. They spread goodwill, good reputation, and encourage the versatile citizens to seek for employment in that particular organization.
9. Better product quality / or services: Staff who are satisfied are also highly motivated and exhibit affirmative response towards all aspects of the job. The outcome is superior item quality and deliverance of prompt and exceptionally superior services to the consumers.
2: Objectives of employee satisfaction towards employee benefits :
Following are the objectives which satisfaction caters to produce within the employed.
1. Impacts mental health: Employee satisfaction affects the mental health. Satisfaction in jobs and overall life satisfaction are positively co-related. Research indicates the presence of satisfaction in and around employment settings as an important requirement for psychological adjustment and happy living of a person. People can conveniently remain in organization: A contented and satisfied employee becomes comfortable at his place of employment.
2. Increase self-esteem: Satisfied staff are presumably better performers. He wishes to continue there for a prolonged stretch of time. Highly productive employees are found to have enhanced self-worth.
3. More innovativeness: When employees are satisfied with their jobs, they additionally feel relaxed. A relaxed person is immensely focused, creative, and innovative.
For Citing this article use:
- Ghosh, A. (2020). Employee Empowerment and Employee Satisfaction An Empirical Study on Banking Sector in West Bengal.