Concepts of Vocational Education:
Every subject must be described in predefined user terms to be better understood. Vocational education is interpreted differently based on the level at primary, secondary, undergraduate, graduate, postgraduate, and professional levels. Vocational Education referred by the following terminologies ‘Technical educational”, “Vocational-technical education”, Occupational education”, Industrial education”, Industrial arts”, “Education for the world of work” Vocational Education as a concept is slowly but steadily gaining recognition in secondary schools across India.
Objectives of Vocational Education
Vocational Education revolves around the concept of providing dignity of labour along with instilling a sense of appreciation within the boundaries of democracy. Aspiring to achieve this in spite of all the various degrees of educability is done by,
- Enabling the students to find the right job.
- Giving them an opportunity to improve economically and socially based on their abilities.
- Creating a sense of accomplishment by bringing out the hidden talents and skills at the workplace.
Vocational Education aims to coach the students to develop the necessary manipulative skills, safety judgments, and related information that pertain to placing students in the right job. It equips the students with the essential skills that are needed at the workplaces like mathematical skills, communication skills, information possession, and decision-making skills, and interpersonal skills. Acquiring these skills enables the students to perform well at the workplaces thereby increasing their job satisfaction levels. Vocational Education is also instrumental in improving the career and functional capabilities of an individual. The students are also encouraged to develop good working habits like,
- Assuming responsibility for their behavior
- Using initiative and ingenuity to fulfill the various duties given
- Planning the work assigned
- Adapting to the varied conditions that arise
- Maintaining overall good health and grooming
Vocational education helps in the stability and growth of local, state, and national economies.
Vocational Education and Skill Development
Vocational Education, Training, and Skill Development (VETSD) are inclusive of all the various forms and levels of education. It encompasses the study of technologies and related sciences, the acquisition of practical skills, the know-how, attitudes, and understanding relating to occupations in the various sectors of economic and social life alongside the natural knowledge and academic skills. VETSD also means in the following ways:
- Opportunity to acquire the resources required for the chosen occupational fields to have adequate participation in the workforce.
- To pave the way for lifelong learning alongside being a responsible citizen.
- To be a channel supporting developments that is environmentally sound and sustainable.
For Citing this article use:
- Deore, B. M. (2019). To Study the Role of Vocational Education and Skill Development Program in Creating Entrepreneurship Development in Western Maharashtra.